500g/1lb. 1oz. of rice
5 litres/9 pints of milk
1 inch of water dedos de agua
500g/1lb. 1oz. of sugar
1 pinch of salt
375g/13oz. of condensed milk.
1. Start cooking the rice in an inch of water, and stir to release the starch.
2. As soon as the rice begins to dry out, add the milk, cooking it slowly and stirring it frequently with a wooden spatula.
3. Add more milk as and when required.
4. Once the rice is almost cooked, add in the sugar and the salt and keep cooking and stirring.
5. When the rice is cooked and has a creamy consistency, pour in the condensed milk.